Breaking News

AMEN: An OFW Story



Four letter words as if filled with mystery
Four letter words that I often heard since childhood
Four letter words that at the end of every prayer is spoken of my tongue
Four letter word that means to you is what?

Listen, my brother & sister, listen for in the following paragraphs
I will publish where ever it leads my simple poem
Listen, my brother & sister, listen for you shall be present
Which are the things that perhaps were forced to ignore you, nonsense and not recognized

How are you Kabayan? Some of the common questions of my fellow Filipino
The Filipino who venture across town which has the kingdom
Kingdom in the middle east which now is my temporary address
That the main reason why they temporarily left their family for the hope that they can lift them to poverty

Poverty is the reason or deliberately this is my fate?
Now my mind wrapped questions expecting to give a meaningful answer
To why though there is sorrow in my heart now with affliction
And though every time I open my mouth there are words that I wanted to hear and ask ' Lord! Where are you? '

Much time passed, years, months, days and hours
Like a wind, you are fluttering robe
That seems to say that for every challenge you fought with boldness and strength
Shake the chains in your hands and issues as you don't flee

Time has passed, the month and the day is past and the current of life I was forced to give in
So, my mind again had the question why now I am struggling
Hard to test my face where my body is not able to train
And though now I have a new world in which we live but around another

The season is over, the days passed as if you want to stop the clock
But never expected a voice I have ever heard from a friend of
A friend who boldly approached me as if I was trying to comfort taking
' God loves you brother and God has a wonderful plan for you ' lines is dropped

Tears in my eyes were suddenly descended like water in the stream without ceasing the flow
Times I wanted to shout even when voice yet exhausted just relieve the pain in my heart is overcome with more wounds and blisters
Thank you oh my God and You are not letting me fall into place who didn’t believe in You
Thank you oh my God for comforting me when I’m facing problems like storms and heavy rain

So, I found out God's love for mankind
The God who gave life to us that there is nothing beyond can give by anyone else
He offered His only son and His name is Jesus
Jesus, the only begotten son that now I serve

I felt full of gladness, joyfulness, and delights as if nothing could barely contain
I asked myself, why I've experienced it and why should I then blind
And I found out that there is a large wall in God and me are an intermediary
Walls, He insisted that cut for the dogged sinner that His love is wise

Now, I know that the nails in His hand were pierced on the cross and let bind
That now is the only way to the Father God who redeemed for our sin
Therefore, my faith in him ought to give full,
Thank you oh Lord Jesus, I thank God ' redeemed who redeemed my sin, I promise I will serve for you shall be poured

The holy book is easily opened for words here are written
From page one, two, three, four, sharing his word I felt so excited
But I found out that it was not enough if I will not apply in my life
I open once again the divine book to see if I am really worthy

Worthy and how his presence might be acceptable
I delivered myself to him and accepted Him my mind and heart
Jesus! I accept you… Jesus! Thou art my Lord God and Savior
Jesus my love to you will remain chaste even many times will pass

His words are continuing to hear from the messengers He fully trusted
I will tirelessly raise my hands to worship Him
And promise to praise Him wherever I am
I will keep testifying in front of the church for all of your good works

But in an instant seemed changed everything and his service I’m not running around
I was looking again by my friends at the time I felt that I was in a cloud
Temptations in the world are widespread perhaps and to others is unacceptable
And seems like a fish caught by the net from world pretender

I prove again that God loves me when he visited in my dream
Even I didn’t see Him by my eyes but I know He lived in my heart
Walking towards Him will be my weapon to give hope
Just like me who commit sin and now expects a grace comes from him

I feel great that I responded to God’s calling
To serve and to continue his good works
He taught me to not love earthly things
Walk to His Kingdom instead

Thank you, Lord Jesus, that my sin is atoned
For the times I was an apparently gradual candle that burns to
Thank Jesus Christ – my God for guiding me
I hope and I believe your love will last

Now my life become brighter since God rescued me from darkness
The darkness that caused by evil that sometimes I live in a sinner life
I will start a new life for you oh Lord
And I will allow the Holy Spirit to work in me

Now I can give deeper meaning for the four-letter word 
Four letter word that says have faith in Him and trust Him
Four letter word that says hope is there whatever you will go through
Four letter word that says everything would be done according to His wishes

Amen

No comments